Subaki/Zaxiri (zub-ak-ee) (saks-eer-ee)
Because the “Subak and Zaxir” castes work in tandem, one cannot exist without the other. Collectively they’re called “breeders” despite the fact that Subaki are unable to birth safely. Inside all Subaki is a drive to rear their young that does not exist in Zaxiri; Zaxiri are in fact, averse to newborn donations.
Anatomical Distinctions (See Common Anatomy)
- Zaxiri have a didelphic makodux (uterus) but only one guzshlix (vagina) and singular makzol (cervix). Delivery of offspring takes place through the guzshlix and gashcol which is deeper in Zaxiri.
- Zaxiri are the only Femmar capable of healthy gestation and birthing.
- Subaki have only one makodux (uterus), and like their makzol (cervix), it is smaller than those found in Zaxiri.
- Subaki cannot safely partake in birthing, but are the only caste with exceptionally high levels of Purtagix (oxytocin), making them the most suited to rear offspring.
- Zaxiri and Subaki are the only castes to produce the arousal hormone mitopurx; they also produce the pheromone rydlx–but levels of this pheromone are the lowest in these two castes.
- Zaxiri have widened rydok (clitoris) and develop the largest suzsch (breasts). Zaxiri have more body fat than any other caste, concentrated in their midsection, their girsuzsch (buttocks), and their extremities.
- Subaki have the smallest rydok (clitoris) of any other caste, and their large suzsch (breasts) are set slightly lower than Zaxiri suzsch due to non-sexual fondling by donational-age offspring. Unlike Zaxiri, fat on Subaki is concentrated in the upper legs and suzsch, with minimal amounts around the belly.
- MitoK is lowest in Subaki and Zaxiri.
- Zaxiri experience a severe drop in Coltanul (Femarctic melatonin) levels only during a production year, this increases the pheromone goltanul; Subaki exposed to Zaxiri goltanul see their own coltanul levels decrease exponentially.
- In the decade after giving birth, mitokux enzymes increase in Zaxiri, making them sexually aggressive.
In contrast Subaki experience a complete loss of mitokux–eradicating the sex drive until donations leave home.
- The Subaki respiratory system is the only one vulnerable to Fematcolx.
- Zaxiri have the shortest life-span of any other caste.
The most important social relationship Subaki and Zaxiri have is with each other. Hormones and chemical induced behaviors exhibited by Subaki and Zaxiri affect their sister castes in ways that control how other castes regard them. Subaki are born with ‘maternal brains’ that engage in high levels of activity in areas that control empathy, anxiety, and social interaction. Driven to nurture by design, Subaki turn their internal attentiveness toward other castes.
Unlike Subaki with their pre-frontal cortex determined activities, Zaxiri live in a constant state of semi-arousal shaped by non-sexual stimulus in the amygdala. The sound of Femarctic voices triggers hormonal changes in Zaxiri that lead to an immediate physical response. Each castes inherent behavior is curtailed by the other during a production year. While pregnant, Zaxiri become drawn to the sound of Subaki voices (typically the highest of the castes), dampening their arousal response. Triggered by Zaxiri pregnancy pheromones, ilodi levels increase in Subaki, taking them into a state of constant calm and clarity (their ilodi levels rise to those typical in Bizaki).
Despite a sizable percentage of Zaxiri living outside the sex work industry, socially regressive traits held among their sister-castes devalue Zaxiri as mere tools of sexual pleasure or donational delivery. Generational divisions within the Zaxiri citizenry have hindered movements to hold their sister-castes accountable for unhealthy views. Marixi interaction with Zaxiri is almost always sexual; negating friendships or vocational partnerships. Sexual interaction with the fetish-prone Hizaki and their role as birthers, disable Hizaki from seeing Zaxiri as anything other than a sexual prize or social reward. Bizaki exhibit social behaviors very similar to Zaxiri, but due to a perceived ownership of Bizaki by Subaki, Zaxiri do not typically engage Bizaki unless invited.
Subaki hormonal similarities with Zaxiri has led to an unhealthy sexual culture to thrive among the Hizaki and Marixi. Few Subaki engage Hizaki beyond their twentieth year, due to Hizak paraphilic leanings. Subaki struggle socially with Hizaki who often see them as inferior or too emotional. Social incompatibility with Marixi stems solely from misunderstood behavioral expectations regarding sex. Subaki gravitate toward Bizaki due to a shared interest in rearing donations; they remain together socially despite Bizaki exhibiting an unhealthy territoriality in the face of Subaki agency.
In the Series there are some Subaki and Zaxiri: